• To recruit, train, equip and maintain a uniformed and disciplined corps of civil defence members who can be deployed to provide emergency assistance services to the public in any natural disasters or enemy attack.
• To educate and train the public on survival techniques in order to enhance the prospects of their welfare during disaster or war.
• To advise government agencies and other bodies in the commercial and industrial sectors on civil defence measures and planning.
• To provide a national warning system to alert the civilian population of impending disaster or enemy attack and to implement the various cd scheme such as lighting restrictions, shelters etc.
• To cordinate with the relevant authorities with regard to the provision of shelters.
• To maintain the various civil defence non-operational scheme designed to minimise the effects of any enemy attack.
Updated: September 1, 2016